Helping families through their challenging times
Do you ever feel like this?
- Isolated in your community, with no family nearby and struggling to make friends
- Suffering with post-natal illness but finding it hard to talk to anyone about it
- Having a hard time coping with your child’s illness.
- Overwhelmed by the death of a loved one
- Struggling with the emotional and physical demands of having twins, triplets or more
- Struggling to cope with a disability or relationship problems
- Tired, unhappy, exhausted.….. or any similar problems
Support for families
Many parents need help, friendship, advice or support during those early years when children are young.
There is no rulebook for raising a family and sometimes it can seem overwhelming, particularly if your family is going through difficult times.
But if you can get the support you need when you need it, then day-to-day family life and your children’s future can be so much brighter.
Our strategic goal is that:
Every family has the support they need to give their children the best possible start in life so that they are able to take up and benefit from the opportunities available to them.
What can you expect from Home-Start?
You will receive a mixture of practical help and emotional support that is free and confidential. Your volunteer will usually visit you at home for a couple of hours each week and you can decide what happens – playing at the park; helping you make/keep medical appointments; helping to find out more about local services or just having a cup of tea and a chat while the children play at home.
Our volunteers are not babysitters, home helps or trained counsellors; although they may give practical help looking after children and will always listen.
Want to talk to someone?
You can give us a call
The earliest years make the biggest impact, Home-Start make sure those years count
Parents supporting parents
The earliest years make the biggest impact, make sure those years count
Starting in the home, our approach is as individual as the people we help
We give compassionate, confidential help and expert support
Sharing local expertise can drive local, regional and national change